Best Food Menu For Stay Healthy And Control Weight:
It’s always good to plan out your meals in advance. What’s on the food menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner today? Consider making one or all of these we approved recipes in the days ahead to keep yourself nourished, energized & overall healthy!
Strawberry Cream Breakfast Shake
1 Thick & Creamy Vanilla Shake*
¾ cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
1-2 Tbsp Walden Farms Marshmallow Dip
1 tsp cinnamon
Ice cubes (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, adjusting the amount of Marshmallow Dip, cinnamon & ice cubes to taste.
Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry
3.5 oz (or desired amount) chicken breast
1 cup prepared cauliflower rice
¼ cup green beans, chopped into quarter-inch pieces
¼ cup diced red onion
2 Tbsp liquid aminos
- Prepare cauliflower rice by making from scratch using a food processor, or use pre-cut cauliflower rice from the grocery store. Set aside.
- Cut the desired amount of chicken breast into small cubes and cook on a stovetop until done. For added flavor, cook in a little bit of lemon juice. Remove from pan.
- With a little zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray, cook diced red onion in a pan until transparent. Set aside.
- Prepare green beans by cutting off the end and chopping into quarter-inch pieces. Add to a pan with ¼ cup water. Cover pan and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes or until soft and water is evaporated. Remove from pan alongside other vegetables.
- Add cauliflower rice to the empty pan with a little 0-calorie nonstick cooking spray. Allow to cook until slightly browned, then add chicken, onion & green beans, stirring until completely mixed together.
- Add liquid aminos to stir-fry mixture, mixing until well combined. Serve when done, or allow to cool and store in an airtight container for later.
Warm Cinnamon-Apple Bake
2 tsp cinnamon
Splenda® to taste
- Cut apple into bite-sized pieces or wedges, depending on preference.
- In a microwave-safe dish, sprinkle apple with cinnamon and Splenda® if desired.
- Cook apple slices in the microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool, then enjoy!
Garlic Shrimp with Lemon-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
3.5 oz (or desired amount) shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ tsp paprika
1 Tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
1 Tbsp cilantro, freshly chopped
½ tsp lemon juice
- Heat skillet over high heat until very hot. Add shrimp in single layer and cook until golden, 10 seconds to a minute on each side. Immediately transfer to plate. Use water or a little zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray to keep shrimp from sticking to the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add garlic. Cook until fragrant (about 2 minutes), then stir in paprika; return shrimp to pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook shrimp until done, about 1 minute. Fold in parsley, cilantro, and lemon juice. Add salt & pepper to taste, then serve hot.
Lemon-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut off the ends of the Brussels sprouts and slice them in half vertically. Spray lightly with zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray and toss them in a large bowl with the crushed red pepper flakes, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- When combined, pour the Brussels sprouts out onto the prepared baking sheet and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until lightly brown and crispy on the outside. Shake the pan every 10 minutes or so to ensure they brown evenly.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve warm.